A nationally-recognized expert in environmental and public law, Murray Rankin was first elected as Victoria’s Member of Parliament in 2012 and now serves as the NDP's House Leader in the House of Commons. He has served as the progressive opposition critic for National Revenue, Pensions, Health, and, most recently, Justice and Attorney General.
Murray has been incredibly supportive of the initiative to improve access to the Disability Tax Credit for Canadians with disabilities.
- Letter to the Honourable Diane Lebouthillier, Minister of National Revenue, June 30, 2017
- Letter to the Honourable Bill Morneau, Minister of Finance, September 28, 2016
- Letter to the Honourable Bill Morneau, Minister of Finance, July 29, 2016
- Letter to Bob Hamilton, Commissioner of the Canada Revenue Agency, July 29, 2016
- Supporting the Disability Tax Credit Promoters Restrictions Act to restrict the fees charged by third party consultants, known as promoters, to complete Form T2201 Disability Tax Credit Certificate. The Act received Royal Assent on May 29, 2014 but the regulations, including setting a maximum fee as well as penalties for failure to comply, still need to be established by the Canada Revenue Agency.